The beauty industry is seeing persistent growth and emerging as one of the most luxurious market segments. Post globalisation and with the advent of the internet, fashion and lifestyle industries have witnessed tremendous development. As per a report, the global beauty industry will be valued at more than $750 billion, a remarkable figure depicting the window for success for existing and emerging beauty brands across the world. With these rising trends, the market is providing substantial opportunities for budding beauty brands to occupy the space in our cosmetic kit. In the past few years, many players have swarmed into the cosmetic industry to capitalise on the market potential, thus making the place a competitive battleground.
The Fundamental Questions for Starting Beauty Brand
Starting a cosmetic brand or refining the existing one is a major uphill battle in this fiercely competitive market. It is a comprehensive process that requires inclusive work from scratch, including setting up a robust foundation, creating a resourceful branding strategy, and kickstarting a prosperous cosmetics branding voyage. So, there are tons of things that need to be done to commence branding. Notably, some straightforward questions that help you provide a clear perspective about your branding prospect. They will offer valuable insights on your way to developing influential branding in the mainstream.
- Who Are You or What is Your Business?
- First, before the audience knows who you are and why they should engage with you? As a founder, you should know your brand and the business you are practising. You must have a clear and concise idea of your cosmetic brand and its product. Have a simplified and creative way to describe the brand, i.e. sustainable, bold, royal, or something innovative.
- Who is Your Competition, and What Makes You Special?
- The truth is that you are not alone in the market, and the brand you want to create will get tough competition from the rivals. So, the important thing is to know your opponents and how you can edge out them. Give incredible reasons to your audience; what can you offer that makes you special from your competitors? Know your strength and your rival’s weakness, have an innovative strategy that defines YOUR brand’s individuality. For instance, your unique beauty products like organic eyeliners, lipsticks, or pigmented shadows.
- What are Business Goals, Values, and Propositions?
- Prepare a detailed outline of your beauty brand, its values, mission, essence, and prospects. Describe these succinctly with your audiences. Your brand values and mission binds all the stakeholders into a single thread. Apart from impressive beauty products, your brand needs an inspirational touch and innovative purpose that distinguishes you from the crowd. For example, eco-friendly cosmetics for a better future, thus use all-natural materials.
- Who is Your Ideal Audience, and How do You Serve Them?
- It is said that knowing your consumer base makes your win half the battle. So, when you are developing a beauty brand, you make sure it catches the attention of your ideal customers. If you are in a dilemma and have no idea about your targeted audience, then you are shooting in the dark. Therefore, before commencing the branding cycle, discover your ideal customer and how you can serve their purpose? It will help you immensely in creating a branding framework and making productive alliances with targeted consumers.
Creating Your Brand Identity with Valuable Branding Elements
Well, now you have a detailed impression of your cosmetic brand’s mission, values, specialities, and ideal customer. The next phase is to build your unique brand identity by combining the assorted building blocks of branding. It is an extensive process requiring designing your branding strategy with the help of vital branding elements that guide your business to the path of prosperity. Let’s delve deep to comprehend the branding elements and how their alignment will create a successful brand:
- Logo: It is the visual trademark of the brand that represents the face of your cosmetic business. A logo is the soul of the business that creates a tangible meaning of your beauty brand and describes the business in a simple manner. So, design logo perfectly, adding some creative instincts that grab the audience’s attention in one look.
- Typography: The usage of appealing fonts that are positioned perfectly with the brand essence offers a sense of pure embodiment. It also portrays a strong impression on the audience’s psyche and invokes feelings. The font style should be decorative for cosmetics branding, signifying the serenity of materialistic charm, especially from a feminine perspective.
- Colour Palette: Colour is a vital component of branding. It is the soul of aesthetic delight and cultivates instinctive thoughts, emotions, recreations and sentiments of your audience. Colour has a strong association with human emotions in daily life such white Colour denotes peace, green incorporates nature, purple is for classy or royal and maroon implies beauty or creativity. So, choose the perfect Colour that depicts your beauty brand.
- Brand Voice: The basic rule of branding is to tell what your audience wants to listen to. Having a powerful brand voice that ensures consistency with the customer experience and perception leverages your beauty business to a new scale. In the cosmetic industry, a captivating brand voice that fosters feminine beauty will help you to create a unique brand identity.
- Online Presence: In this digital era, the audience loves to interact with brands online, allowing a sense of freedom and convenience for both parties. Having a robust digital presence enhances their reach and offers an immersive experience. So, create a business website, increase presence on social media platforms and communicate with your audience with emails or newsletters. Make sure your digital existence reflects the unique impression of your cosmetic brand.
- Additional Assets: The branding elements include every communication channel of your business with targeted audiences, including the tagline, brand positioning, tone, graphics, shape, packaging design, business cards, and more. All these components should portray your brand’s essence in a single tone with an aim to cultivate a positive response from your audience. Creating integrated cosmetics branding provides thrust to your purpose and catches your ideal customer’s attention.
Successful Beauty Branding – Consistency, Creativity and Communication
The fiercely competitive arena of the cosmetic industry is evolving with time and opening a space for new opportunities. In today’s world, the success of a cosmetic brand stands on three pillars primarily-
- Creativity: Creativeness is the fuel of prosperity; introducing innovative products or practising creative branding attracts potential customers.
- Consistency: Having consistent engagement with the audience cultivates brand loyalty and builds a sense of trust. So, maintain uniformity in the brand touchpoints, design, packaging, and across all platforms.
- Communication: Effective communication influences the audience to have a positive interaction with the brand and transform into loyal customers. So, it is important to tell your brand story or value clearly and concisely.
Which is the Best Cosmetic/Beauty Branding Agency Near You
The rising digitalisation of business has offered a new ground for innovation and an inclusive passage to reach a worldwide audience. So, connect with VOWELS to augment your cosmetics branding and create a unique identity in the mainstream. We are a team of professionals and have helped hundreds of brands to accomplish their mission over the years. So, contact us and get an incredibly innovative and unique cosmetics branding strategy.