Every brand’s stature in the market is not overnight fame! Companies undertake a lot of changes, modifications and procedures before becoming a brand. This detailed process is what we know as building a brand identity, and the steps that cover this concept are brand guidelines. These are some set standards that we use to define a brand using a symbol or logo. A bitten apple instantly strikes digital devices in our heads, doesn’t it? This strong symbolism is a result of brand style guidelines. Let us comprehend the meaning of company guidelines with some conclusive examples.
Brand Style Guidelines In A Nutshell
Brand style guidelines help a company convey a detailed and symbolised representation of what it is, what it represents and what it stands for in the market. These specific rules and regulations demonstrate a brand’s consistency. It is a basic brand style guide that enlists rules on how to communicate the business in the market. This heavy representation gives a business some unique status.
1. Five Basic Elements of Brand Identity Guidelines
The basic elements of brand guidelines are evident in every successful brand’s picture in the market. They are:
- Logos: This element comprises both primary and secondary logos with icons.
- Typography: The size, spacing, and style of fonts used in the representation are also a part of these guidelines.
- Imagery: This element incorporates artwork and illustrations.
- Colour Palette: The combination of primary as well as secondary colours form this palette.
- Voice & Tone: The expression of language and emotions used by a brand reflects this element.
Inspirational Examples of Brand Style Guidelines
Some creative teams and graphic designers have managed to make a mark by implementing guidelines of brand with utmost class and uniqueness! Who knew a correct stroke of black ink could represent an international brand named Nike? While there are many examples of ultimate guidelines for promoting brand that we can opt for, let us have a look at the most widespread ones!
1. Uber: The Comprehensive System
Uber uses as many as nine elements in its defined system of guidelines. These core elements are the basic five and composition, motion, iconography and illustration. All these nine elements are compatible in forming a brand presence that reflects the best of design. The details on this style guide communicate effectively.
2. Netflix: A Vintage Cinemascope
Did you know Netflix is over a 20-year old company? The world started Netflix and chilled almost a decade after its foundation! The use of motion in its business guidelines expresses a different level. It uses logo, symbol, motion and typography. The company names its standards “Brand Site” to describe the use of only four basic elements.
3. Starbucks: Undisputed International Queen
Named as the “Brand Expression Guide” by the company itself, Starbucks is all royalty about its logo! It covers all the basic elements of brand style guide in the most exhaustive way possible. The colour and illustration used by Starbucks set a different level for all businesses. Its website is also exclusive and can serve as an online manual to many!
4. Audi: The Iconic Rings
Four interconnected rings represent a lot more than shapes! The brand appearance of Audi expresses a lot to its customers and admirers. The detailed use of nine elements in its guidelines can never reflect a static structure! Its website also covers many ideas and a viewpoint of company guidelines.
5. Spotify: The Musical Wi-Fi
“A brand can be both uniquely named and designed” is what we learn from Spotify! Its guidelines explain how it uses the simple Wi-Fi symbol in its logo and gives it a completely successful makeover. The brand plays with the basic elements and yet brings some class to the creative table with its representation.
6. Dropbox: Ultimate Resource Folder
Dropbox uses seven brand elements, including UI and visuals. Its business guidelines do not only represent its theory but also explain brand mark and assets. The unique open box design or logo is Dropbox gives the literal translation of its name. Its perfection is well-explained on its website.
7. Urban Outfitters: The Edgy Designers
The quirky product shots, edgy designs and unusual art expressions on its website express the use of firm guidelines. The idea is to express how the brand feels to move with the flow and modify as per the changing preferences of customers. One can use these guidelines to set an ideal trend for its viewers.
8. YouTube: Epitome of Simplicity
A red square with a silver play button represents the success of a billion-dollar company. It uses only four basic elements but with such fine detail that it catches viewers’ eyes. Its guidelines for brand are available on its website, and every company can look up to it for reference!
Implementing Brand Guidelines: Useful Tips
Companies should keep a few basics in check before graphing brand guidelines to ensure the effort is successful. The victory of every famous graphic designing team that came up with the famous logos depends upon these minor details. Here are some tips that can help paint a clear picture!
- Chalk out the do’s and don’ts clearly as per the ideology of representation. A team must comprehend the ideology of a company.
- One must not setback from being descriptive and to the point! Specifying all the guidelines clearly must be the goal.
- Take every firm guideline as a marketing material that we can put into an exemplary logo.
- Represent a primary colour and play with its tone to bring an exceptional touch. For instance, the red colour of Netflix is uniquely different!
- Always use a professional team of designers to weave these firm guidelines successfully.
Utilise The Creative Expertise of The Best Designers
The implementation of all above company guidelines with utter success is not possible without the best in the field! Companies need to hire the most creative minds to put together the technicality of this subject in an artistic flow. Our team at Vowels is one such group of professionals that comprehends business guidelines meaning thoroughly. We can put together a unique and stylish definition of the brand in the perfect symbolism using these guidelines. Contact us online and get a quote to style your brand identity in this competitive market!